These are some general guidelines to prepare an estimate or your "mas o menos" budget for your destination wedding when it is NOT in an all-inclusive hotel scenario or a restaurant. I assume other venues are similar in the way they operate so this could be handy for you even if you are not choosing Martoca Beach Garden as your venue for your wedding.
- The venue should rent here in Puerto Vallarta area for 2,200 to 5,500 dollars on a beach front setting if needed on a weekend. The price also depends on wether it is a weekday or a weekend since weekdays are usually half price. Some places are villas so they charge you 5 night stays mandatory which could cost up to 10,000 a night for the villa which has many rooms. Our venue for example, Martoca Wedding Beach-Garden, seen below rents for 3,000usd on a Saturday and 1,500 Dollars on a weekday on average. It varies depending on dates and guest count.
- The catering may vary from 30 dollars a person to 180 dollars per person. This includes tables, chairs, dinnerware and service andall that is needed for catering and the banquet setting. Anything more and you are paying way too much. Unless of course a world class chef is doing the cooking and even then it would have to be a 6 or 7 course dinner.
- The Open bar cost varies by hours of service and brands of liquor and variety. It should cost from 25 dollars a person for beer and wine and soft drinks to 85 dollars for a specialty bar and a full premium bar with top notch liquors. A decent average bar should be 35-50 usd per person for 8 hour open bar.
- DJ and dace floor services, for 8 hours, should cost about 800USD to 1,200USD up to no more than 3,000 USD with all included for a big nightclub setting with LED lighting, strobe lights, smoke and whatever else you can think for entertainment.
- The ceremony gazebo should cost anywhere from 400 dollars and up since this varies with taste and decorations. Mostly flowers can make the biggest difference in cost. A simple setting should be about 500 USD.
- Wedding planners charge 10% to 20% of the total cost of the wedding or they may charge a flat fee. A good fully bilingual coordinator will charge about 1,500 to 2,500 dollars for a good quality wedding. There are others who may charge 600 to 900 dollars but the service will may be lacking much promptness and they may be inexperienced and probably will not be able to speak English effectively.
- Certified Wedding designers charge 4,000 or 6,000 dollars or more for there services. It really depends on your budget and your desire for special decorations. Most of the extra cost is spent on flowers and special decorations or handmade items. It definitely makes a difference!
However, if you simply want a great party or "pachanga" you will not need a designer. A beautiful and fun wedding on a beach setting with good food and drinks and excellent music and entertainment, the whole enchilada should run you on average about 200 dollars a person for 50 to 70 guests for a very nicely decorated wedding with great quality food and service. I know 200 dollars per person sounds like a lot, however, it is not so; When you invite 50 guests it is 10,000 dollars compared to the average local USA wedding that costs 25,000 dollars. Besides, when else will you be able to force everyone to come hang out for a week on amazing beaches in Mexico? That quality time with family and friends is worth more than anything else in the whole wide world.
Happy hunting for your perfect spot that suits your budget.
Email James at Martocapv@gmail.com for free consultation on Banderas Bay wedding Information.